Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blonds Have More Fun, But Have To Work harder!

As a dark haired boy (often referred to as "Raven Haired") I've sometimes wondered or dabbled in changing my hair color to add a little variety. One time for a very BRIEF amount of time i went bleach blond. Now everyone knows the jokes and stigmas attached to being a blond despite their being many famous beautiful blonds through out history; but I'm here to tell you its hard being a blond!

First of all your expected to be bouncy and perky 24/7 and I AM NOT BOUNCY AND PERKY!!! Second your supposed to go to law school and i am not a legal eagle by any chance! third boys kept writing my name and phone number in the bathroom stalls saying "For A Good Time..."WTF?!?

But honestly in observing people I've noticed that being blond is not all its cracked up too be. You have certain expectations that... from what I've noticed... need to be lived up too.
-Attractive/muscular/jock Boyfriend (Fun to look at but not to date)
-Hot sexy barbie doll body (Anorexia is not for me and Bulimia is so 1980's!)
-Air headedness (i can read books higher then the level of Cosmo)
-A "Spunky" Attitude (i like being happy and enjoying life but "spunky" will never be a word used to describe me)
-Etc.

Obviously I don't mean this for all blonds. I know several smart beautiful blonds who are amazing. but these are what i would call "Mainstream Blonds" Primarily found in California, New York, Florida, or Boston.

I enjoy having dark hair but because i have dark medium wispy hair (I'm keeping it this way as long as the Huzzby keeps complementing it!) I'm often seen as "Emo" or "Dull." Those who know me i am only on occasionally Emo or Dull. I can't imagine being blond. Life is stressful as it is... i don't need added stress.

J.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment